The Swenson Family Comes to Town!

Friday, 01 June 2007

After much anticipation, the last day of school finally arrived. Shortly after the last bell rang, I was off to Denver to pick up Brady, Jill and Andrew. I stayed the night with them in Denver and traveled back to Craig on Friday (the 25th). It was soooo nice to see them and be able to spend time together. I can't believe how much Andrew has changed! He's such a little boy now instead of a baby! He laughs like crazy, smiles at almost everything, and even leans in to give and receive kisses! Even though we didn't do too many exciting things while they were here, we still had a good time just being together. Matt and Brady went golfing one morning; we went to church and then hiking in Flat Tops Wilderness Area; Matt, Brady and Jill all went golfing while I got to spend quality time with Andrew; we went swimming at the high school pool (the water was too cold for Andrew - he cried!); went out for dinner one night; played in the part and pushed Andrew on the swing; went for a couple of walks and played some games and chatted after Andrew went to bed. It was pretty relaxing - so much so that we had 'group nap' a couple of days! As exciting as it is to see family, I am also so appreciative that Jill and Brady were willing to spend money and take time off of work just to come out to see us. I hope their money was well spent! Though it's never easy to see family leave, it is somewhat reassuring that I'll see the Swenson's again in July when we go back to Fergus Falls for Matt's sister's wedding. I'm not sure if Matt will see them at all, but then again, Kathy's wedding will come up faster than we think, even though it's in October! Yay! Here are a few pictures from the week. Enjoy!


Andrew is sitting in the grass in Flat Tops, just looking around and enjoying the scenery. How cute is he?

I think this picture kinda looks like someone dropped a backdrop down in back of us, but it really is the landscape in Flat Tops Wilderness Area! Gorgeous, huh?

I see a Christmas card in the making... what a nice family! Andrew got such a kick out of this backpack carrier. He was so good and even slept part of the time we were hiking!

We hiked along the Mirror Lake trail, which Matt and I have done before, but we stopped often for pictures and for Jill and Brady to catch their breath. Hiking in Colorado is a lot different that hiking in North Dakota - ALTITUDE!

(I think the picture explains this better than words.)

Sisterly love along a little creek. What could get better than that?!

As you may have noticed, Matt relieved Brady of carrying Andrew. Even though Andrew weighs 20lbs, he's still lighter than our packs when we go backpacking!

It was fun for us to take Brady and Jill on a hike so they can see why we love it so much.
All 5 of us in one self-portrait. Go Brady!

No comments:

Post a Comment