Friday was my last day of work for the Colorado Division of Wildlife; and on that day I was able to attend a "meeting" on Aldrich Lake. It was actually a fishing outing for the CDOW people to attend. It was a perfect day for it, not a cloud in the sky, and I was able to fish all day without having to wear a jacket. I actually got a pretty good sunburn on my face. To get to this lake, we had to snowmobile in a couple of miles, which was fun for me because I don't get to do that often. Aldrich Lake is actually three lakes grouped as one. We started on the middle lake, and a couple people caught some small rainbow trout. I had a few bumps, but it was pretty slow. After a while, six of us headed up to the upper lake, which was a mistake. We sat up there for over an hour and not one person had a bite. So as a last ditch effort we headed down to the lower lake. I started fishing with the group in eight feet of water, and again, nobody was catching anything. So I decided to move out into a little deeper water, and although it was still slow, I was able to catch a couple of 15 inch splake (which I guess are lake trout/brook trout hybrid). Then, slowly a few other people migrated to where I was and they caught a few fish also. Like I said, overall fishing was slow, but it was definitely a great way to spend the last day on the job.
Fishing on Aldrich Lake
Saturday, 27 January 2007
Friday was my last day of work for the Colorado Division of Wildlife; and on that day I was able to attend a "meeting" on Aldrich Lake. It was actually a fishing outing for the CDOW people to attend. It was a perfect day for it, not a cloud in the sky, and I was able to fish all day without having to wear a jacket. I actually got a pretty good sunburn on my face. To get to this lake, we had to snowmobile in a couple of miles, which was fun for me because I don't get to do that often. Aldrich Lake is actually three lakes grouped as one. We started on the middle lake, and a couple people caught some small rainbow trout. I had a few bumps, but it was pretty slow. After a while, six of us headed up to the upper lake, which was a mistake. We sat up there for over an hour and not one person had a bite. So as a last ditch effort we headed down to the lower lake. I started fishing with the group in eight feet of water, and again, nobody was catching anything. So I decided to move out into a little deeper water, and although it was still slow, I was able to catch a couple of 15 inch splake (which I guess are lake trout/brook trout hybrid). Then, slowly a few other people migrated to where I was and they caught a few fish also. Like I said, overall fishing was slow, but it was definitely a great way to spend the last day on the job.
I also wanted to mention that last weekend Julie and I went snowshoeing (which we seem to do every weekend these days). We headed up North Walton Peak; which ended up being about six miles round trip. It was a really great view from up there. We could see most of North Park, and a couple of different mountain ranges off in the distance. I would post a picture, but of course we forgot the camera. Oh well, it won't be last time we'll see snow peaked mountains.
Friday was my last day of work for the Colorado Division of Wildlife; and on that day I was able to attend a "meeting" on Aldrich Lake. It was actually a fishing outing for the CDOW people to attend. It was a perfect day for it, not a cloud in the sky, and I was able to fish all day without having to wear a jacket. I actually got a pretty good sunburn on my face. To get to this lake, we had to snowmobile in a couple of miles, which was fun for me because I don't get to do that often. Aldrich Lake is actually three lakes grouped as one. We started on the middle lake, and a couple people caught some small rainbow trout. I had a few bumps, but it was pretty slow. After a while, six of us headed up to the upper lake, which was a mistake. We sat up there for over an hour and not one person had a bite. So as a last ditch effort we headed down to the lower lake. I started fishing with the group in eight feet of water, and again, nobody was catching anything. So I decided to move out into a little deeper water, and although it was still slow, I was able to catch a couple of 15 inch splake (which I guess are lake trout/brook trout hybrid). Then, slowly a few other people migrated to where I was and they caught a few fish also. Like I said, overall fishing was slow, but it was definitely a great way to spend the last day on the job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment