Rocky Mountain National Park

Monday, 04 September 2006

On August 25-27th, Matt and I spent a fabulous weekend in Rocky Mountain National Park! We camped in Arapaho National Forest at a site less than 10 miles from the park entrance. It was an awesome weekend full of hiking and absorbing the beautiful scenery! The weather wasn't always cooperative as it did everything from thunderstorm to snow, but we were determined to experience as much as possible despite the weather. Is there ever a shortage of adventure with us?
On the way to Granite Falls, we walked next to this wide-open meadow. Unfortunately, we didn't see any animals!
Matt and I at the beautiful Granite Falls, an 11-mile hike.

On the drive up to the Alpine Visitor's Center, we stopped for a tourist picture of the sign for the Continental Divide.
A self-portrait at Alpine Visitor's Center. Can you tell that our cheeks and noses are red from the cold?
Matt looking grand next to Grand Lake. Grand Lake is a quaint little town with a bunch of adorable downtown shops that's nestled between this gorgeous lake and some amazing mountains. I wonder if they are looking for a choir director....
A cute little rock creek running down the side of the mountain on the trail from the Divide to the Visitor's Center. If you can't tell, I have socks on my hands to serve as mittens - the one thing I forgot to pack! On the way back to the car, we had to hike in to the wind and snow, so we practicall RAN the 4.2 miles back! I guess when you're at 11,700 feet, wind takes on a whole new meaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment