Isn't it so great to get fresh produce from the farmer's market in the summer? Well, I wouldn't call us farmers, but we did plant a little somethin' last May. We successfully grew TONS of crabgrass - oh, and some fruits and veggies, too! Here's a quick update of the garden. Our mounds are doing very well, while the others are struggling a bit more. In order; cantaloupe, cantaloupe, carrots, our ONE pea pod holding our ONE pea (which won't quite be enough for a meal!!!), beans, watermelon, and cucumbers. I was hoping that the produce would be ready too eat by now, but being as we found plastic bags, various trash, and batteries in the soil, I'm quite surprised that we grew anything at all! Oh, and we have some onions and cherry tomatoes that I didn't take pictures of. Yummy!
On top of that, last week, Matt and I picked blueberries and blackberries at a farm near Cobden. The blueberries were just falling off the bushes and were soooo sweet and delicious. And we had never picked blackberries before, so we weren't sure what to expect. But we definitely weren't expecting blackberries the size of my big toe!!! I made a blueberry crisp and blueberry strata (with the blueberry syrup) and Matt helped make 2 batches of blackberry jam. We froze the rest of the berries to pull out this winter. Check it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment