Easter in Southern Illinois

Saturday, 15 March 2008
What do you get when you mix 3 adult women, 3 adult men, and 1 cute 18-month-old boy? And stick them all in a Chrysler Town and Country? For 14 hours?
MY FAMILY IN SOUTHERN ILLINOIS FOR EASTER!
A few weeks ago, my family announced that they were planning to drive down to Carbondale for Easter. What a surprise! Matt and I were thinking that we wouldn't see any family until this summer when we're coming to MN for a week. The whole Legge clan will be leaving on Thursday after school and arriving on Good Friday. I hope everything goes well with my nephew, but he'll have plenty of entertainment which should keep him busy. It will be a fast fun weekend together - I can't wait! I hope the weather stays as nice as it has been - beautiful 60-degree days. It will be such a retreat from the cold, long upper midwest winter!
Matt's just finishing up his spring break and I'm just starting my spring break. Funny how that worked... Matt enjoyed a more relaxed schedule without classes for the week and actually finished up his telemetry work. His field season is officially over! (For now.) Matt has one more set of revisions on his proposal to finish up and then he can submit it and have his committee meeting. He's worked tirelessly on it since August, so it will be nice to have it completed.
My spring break will be jam packed with a sweet reward at the end (my family!). I actually started a new job last week at a coffee shop in Carbondale called Common Grounds. So far, I've mastered ice water and hot tea. Honestly, the espresso machine is seriously intimidating! I like the job a lot and it will be nice to have the extra income. With that, teaching lessons, teaching at Cobden, and watching a friend's baby one day a week, my schedule seems pretty full right now. I guess that's the highlights for now.
It seems as though we don't get a chance to update our site and post many pictures because we don't have internet access at home and just haven't been taking as many pictures lately. I think that since spring is upon us that we'll be outside more and taking more pictures then. Oh - we went geocaching last weekend with a couple of friends - has anyone ever done it? It's like a world-wide treasure hunt using GPS! Anyway, Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment